THE PHILIPPINE BOOKFAIR
The yearly Philippine Bookfair at Megatrade Hall of Megamall started last saturday, August 31, and I've been there twice already! Booklovers really watch out for this event every year. God bless whoever thought of gathering the different publishers and distributors yearly. I think it has everything for everyone - magazines, religious books, children's books, textbooks, encyclopedia's, etc etc etc! I've seen so many go out with so many plastic bags full of books.
Last saturday, I was able to buy children's books for my nephews and godchildren. I got a Disney stories book, a bible stories book, and a classic fairy tales book for P350 each. I saw the Disney book before, and if I remember correctly it was being sold for more than P500. I was most excited about the Atlantis kits that I bought. The kit included the following: an Atlantis container can (could be used for letters), an Atlantis story book, a vertical poster of the sea, fake tatoos, a decoder, and a mini-image book. ALL FOR P50!!! I got 4, 'cause I could only think of 4 kids who I could give them to, and because I didn't have a lot of money that time, (I actually used my credit card.) When I went back earlier, the Atlantis kits were nowhere to be found.
See, the trick is to go to the bookfair on the first day, and the last day. The first day - so that you can get hold of the 'hot' books. The last day - because some stalls really drop the prices. If you find something good on the first day, and you can see that a lot of people are interested in it, buy it right away. It won't be there when you go back.
I think the last day will be on September 8. Try to check it out if you have time. :) To those who have gone there already, how much have you spent? Marami tayong "victims"! Ehehehe!
No comments:
Post a Comment