Thursday, September 26, 2002

ONE BIG FIGHT!

Yes!!! Ateneo won! It was an awesome game. I don't think any team was able to lead by more than 8 points throughout the game. Very good game for both teams. It was exciting until the last seconds.

I'm glad we won, because I was really planning on blogging about La Salle's Cardona. If we lost, then people will say that I'm sourgraping. Anyway, I totally do not have respect for this guy. Yes, he plays well. Yes, he's one of the best players of La Salle. I don't care. He is such a DIRTY PLAYER. I'm not being biased here. I do have respect for Mike Cortez. And when he was still playing I had respect for Renren Ritualo. They play well (heck, much better than Cardona), but they're 'clean'. Of course there are times when they give up fouls, times when they lose their temper, times when they trashtalk. But when they do it, you'll know it's part of the game. But Cardona - he goes out of his way to really play dirty and get on the nerves of his opponents. (We have a player who's like that in Ateneo too, I'll admit that...)

For today's game, he was extra cocky. And he really went out of his way to bump into the Ateneo players, especially Enrico Villanueva. It was so obvious that these were not 'accidental' bumps. He deliberately bumped into them, even if they were only walking around.

I'll admit, he played well. He made a lot of shots. But he won't earn my respect that way.

To the La Salle players, it was a great game. Could have gone either way. I guess Ateneo just had more heart in the final minutes.

Go Ateneo! ONE BIG FIGHT! Your hearts made you win! Play the same way next time!

Check out the updates of www.universitybelt.com. They already have pictures, stats and the summary of the game.

PS. Parokya ni Edgar joined the Blue Babble during half time. Aliw!

No comments: