Saturday, July 06, 2002

PUGAD BABOY!

Any Pugad Baboy fans out there?

Me, I'm a fan! I have all the compilations. I just bought the 14th compilation of Pugad Baboy, entitled "Katorse". That comic strip never fails to amuse me and make me laugh. I guess its main strength is that it's about reality, here in the Philippines. What you read is what you see around you, every single day! For me, the artist, Pol Medina Jr. is such as genius when it comes to the Filipino way of life. It makes me wonder sometimes how he finds out about everything that he includes in his comic strip. Does he take notes as he goes around the Metro? Does he have a journal where he records what he sees every single day? Or is he simply observant and good at remembering? Whatever it is, he can perfectly tell the story of the Pinoy.

However, I think some of the strips chosen for the 14th compilation were pretty lame. These strips can be considered as slapstick, not the usual funny Pugad Baboy strip. Some were outright gross. I guess no one's perfect. Those were probably the days when PM Junior couldn't think of anything to write about. "Comic strip artists' block, if there is such a thing.


Brosia!

(Picture from PM Junior.com)



My favorites from the 14th compilation:

Brosia to Tiny, while giving her a massage: "Huwag ka nang mainggit sa mga supermodels na yan, Ate. Tandaan mo lang na, "Byuti is onli iskin deep"... Sa tagalog, ang masarap lang sa lechon e 'yung balat."

TV: "Ang susunod na tanong sa ating winner-take-all contest... Kung si FPJ ay DA KING, ano naman si Dolphy?"
Brosia: "DAKO. ...medy king."

Barbie to mom: "Ba't kayo sumigaw, Ma? Anong nangyari sa banyo?"
Mom: "May... may pinihit lang ako... t-tapos may bumuhos na malakas na tubig sa ulo ko!"
Barbie: "Ahh... 'shower' ang tawag don, Ma."
Barbie to Debbie: "Pasensya ka na kay Mama. Hindi pa kasi siya nakakaranas ng shower e. Taga Paranaque kasi siya."
Debbie: "Ohh.."

Check out the website at PMJunior.com

No comments: