MIKA!
Last night I went to Misay's home in Sta. Rosa. Misay is a very good friend, and we go waaaaaaaay back. She has been my friend since I was in Grade 5. Misay got married to Chad last year, and I was even part of the entourage. (I caught the bouquet, can you believe? But that's another story.) Misay gave birth to Mika last May, and of course, I'm one of the godmothers. Her baptism will be on July 14.
It was the first time I saw Mika up close, and the first time that I touched her. I visited Misay the day she gave birth, and Mika was in the nursery, and I was only able to see her from the window. She was sick then, poor little thing. But last night, she was up and about, even trying to "converse" with us. She's a very nice little baby, very quiet, and she doesn't cry much. She only cries when she's wet and hungry, which isn't often. When I arrived in their home Misay was in the dentist's clinic, so I played with Mika for a while. I just stared at her. She was so beautiful, so pure and innocent. I couldn't help but kiss her feet every five minutes. I loved her smell - that natural baby smell - no cologne, perfume, nothing.
Misay said that you forget everything when you're a mom, or a parent. Your baby comes first. Before sleep, before work, before yourself. And even if it's hard, you don't feel it. You actually love what you're doing, and given a choice, though hard, you'll do it over and over again. She said that it would be perfect to raise your baby with the right man, and she said that it should be really a give and take thing. She's very lucky that Chad is so loving, and he helps her out even if he has work. He wakes up in the middle of the night and wakes up early in the morning just to take care of Mika. Misay said that she has so much respect for single parents because she cannot imagine raising her baby alone. These men and women are just heroes, she said.
I promise to treat Mika like my own child. I promise to be a good godmother, and I will see to it that she grows up to be a nice lady.
Once I get a picture of my beautiful godchild, I will definitely post it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment