Wednesday, July 24, 2002

ACT OF KINDNESS

Not sure if you noticed, but I have a new 'section' on the right column, entitled "Act of Kindness". I've watched "Pay It Forward" several times, but still, each time I watch, the movie moves me in ways that I cannot explain. Yet it also depresses me a bit because I am reminded that I am not "good" and "holy". I thought about this act of kindness thing several days ago, after seeing "Pay It Forward" again on HBO. Some people may think that if you want to do it, just do it! But it's not easy if you're not used to it. So I'll use my blog as a reminder. This will push me to do at least one random act of kindness a week. It will keep me going, and hopefully I'll get so used to it that it will be part of my system already. You know, something I'll do simply because it's a good thing, not for anything else. I invite you guys to do the act of kindess as well if you like. :)

I've toyed with the idea of starting something like "Pay It Forward", but I always stop myself, thinking that I can't do it and it's silly. I guess this weekly act of kindness is one way for me to gather the courage to push through with it. Wish me luck.

No comments: