Thursday, July 11, 2002

ADS

I posted something today in the thread "tv ads, print ads, billboards - your hatest and greatest" after a very long time... It's a really interesting thread in PinoyExchange. We talk about the different ads - tv, radio, print, outdoor streamers, etc. Intelligent discussion indeed.

---------------------------------------
Have you guys seen the ePLDT vertical streamers on the lamp posts along Katipunan? They're terrible! The only thing I recognized was the small logo of ePLDT and that's it! I couldn't read the text, I didn't get the message. However, I recognized the ad because I've seen the print version. It seems that it was really a print ad that they copied for the vertical streamers. Parang tinamad na silang gumawa ng bagong creative brief! Of course print ads and outdoor streamers are different because of the distance, the people who see it, how people look at it, etc. For the streamer, there should be as little text as possible, and just one clear message. The size of the text, image and logo should also be adjusted.

solace, I do agree that Vivian (Vivienne?) Tan is GORGEOUS! She's my crush! She's so perfect for the Lux ad! People easily remember the ad because of the model. Was that her voice they used? It's also perfect because it sounds so sexy. I just wonder why they had to include those two models towards the end of the ad. I'm not saying they're ugly, pero parang pampasira lang sila. They should have focused on her.

abcxyz, for the "Masarap na simula" Nescafe ad, this is my guess. The message is "start your day right by drinking Nescafe". The message is pretty good, it's both for current users and non-users. It seems that they are changing the view on drinking coffee as something that's "routine" in the morning. Well, we're all guessing...

As for the new McDo ad, I totally didn't get it. What's it all about? What's the point? You know, having that Karen-Gina ad was both a blessing and curse for McDo. It was a blessing because it was such a hit, both with the people, and the award-giving bodies. But it's also a curse, because they cannot come up with something better or something that can at least keep up with it.

No comments: