Tuesday, July 02, 2002

I LIKE SOCCER NOW!

I am now a soccer "fan". I totally enjoyed the finals of the World Cup! I've always thought that Soccer was boring since it's hard to score and the field is so big. But that match between Germany and Brazil was just DA BOMB! It was so exciting right from the very start!

Okay, here are comments from someone who doesn't know much about soccer...

I think that the first half was dominated by Germany since the ball was always with them. It's just that the defenders of Brazil were so good that the ball wouldn't even reach the goalie of Brazil. He was able to block the ball once though. Brazil had several attempts, but Germany's goalie, Kahn, was just so freaking good that they couldn't score.

On the other hand, the second half was dominated by Brazil because the ball was always with them. And they scored twice! Both by Ronaldo. I don't think it was Kahn's fault though, there was just no way for him to block those kicks. Oh well.

Cafu's smile was so cute when he lifted the trophy.


Cafu


Hahaha, I just found out that Kahn won the "Golden Ball Award" while Ronaldo won the "Golden Shoe Award". Kinda self-explanatory.

If soccer is always like this then I'm surely gonna watch it regularly!

No comments: