I joined the PEx Book Club meeting a while ago at Figaro, Podium. We were fortunate that several writers and illustrators were able to attend, including Augie Rivera and Jason Moss.
Just last week I wanted to buy Adarna books for my neice. It was so nice to see filipino children's books, but I was sad 'cause people give more value to the imported books, especially Disney books. I asked our visitors about this a while ago, and they said that it's a sad fact that filipino children's lit isn't doing well in the country. First, we are not a reading society, and second, people really give priority to other things rather than their books. These include computer games, imported books, etc.
After the meeting, I promised myself that I will encourage the kids I'm close to read these books. The people behind filipino children's literature need support.
No comments:
Post a Comment