Just read Beabear's Blog. She posted something about her payslip, dreaming of a great job, and taxes here in the Philippines. I totally understand where she's coming from.
Some random thoughts on this...
Salaries here in the Philippines are really in the extremes - some people, especially those with blue-collar jobs are getting really low pays, while some people actually get hundreds of thousands of pesos, per month! Imagine that.
Patience will surely pay. I'm not a very patient person, but I had no choice but be patient with my past jobs. My first salary was P7,500 (gross pay!). It was a really good company, but I was only a trainee, and that industry is known for low salaries. But my last pay was pretty much okay, I think. Certainly much lower than some of my batchmates, but it's enough for me.
Taxes suck! As I've said before, I really don't mind paying taxes, or even toll, as long as I can see where my money is going. But I can't! The taxes are so high that I always cringe whenever I get my payslip and see how much of my hard-earned money is going to the government. Or should I say government officials?
No comments:
Post a Comment