FRIDAY FIVE!
1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from?
Father's side. My great grandfather came from China. I think he ran away from home, arrived here alone, in a ship/boat. He married my great grandmother who is a pure filipina. They had 10 kids - 9 girls and 1 boy. The boy is my grandfather. Unfortunately, he was the mayor of Binan during the war, the Japanese took him and he was never seen anymore after that. The whole family was based in Binan Laguna.
Mother's side. My grandparents were orginally from Zambales, I think. They transferred to Davao and started their lives together there, with P500. Which was pretty big at that time, I think. They had 6 kids - 3 boys and 3 girls. My mom is the eldest girl.
2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit?
I think it would be interesting to visit China. Been living here in the Philippines all my life so no need to visit. :D
3. Which would you least like to visit? Why?
4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage?
Somehow. Every January 1, we have a reunion with the family of my grandmother (mother's side), those from Davao and Zambales. Every June, the clan from Binan goes to Antipolo for a Pilgrimage. And every year (not sure about the schedule), the family of my grandmother (father's side) holds a reunion. I don't attend that though, I'm not very close to them.
5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)?
Already mentioned. Mother's side, everyone's from the Philippines. Father's side, my great grandfather came from China.
No comments:
Post a Comment