Monday, March 01, 2004

Something's Gotta Give

[SPOILER ALERT]

The movie was hilarious! I remember frowning the first time I saw the trailer. I thought - "who would want to watch a movie about an old guy and an old woman falling in love?" It was just too weird. But after a while I thought that it could be interesting. I also heard from friends that it's a good movie so Jovan and I watched it a while ago at Eastwood. IT WAS FUNNY! Jack Nicholson was great as ever. And Diane Keaton was a doll! It's refreshing to watch a feel-good-lovey-dovey-romantic-comedy with really good actors. Yes it's a feel good movie, and yes it combines different love-story-elements from past movies (You've Got Mail, movies that featured couples meeting at the Empire State Building...) but these didn't make the movie less interesting. It felt so real, seeing two old people going through life without someone to love then finally finding someone. (But can I just say that Keanu Reeves is just TOO PERFECT in the movie? A good-looking doctor's who's so sweet and totally understanding? Uhhh...)

If you haven't watched the movie, please try to watch it. It's a very entertaining film that will surely take your mind off work or school requirements. Oh yeah, it would be nice to see it with the person you wanna grow old with. :)

No comments: