I just came from the Weddings at Work 5th Anniversary Party at Fernwood Gardens. I would like to congratulate Benz and John, the couple who started the site and the group, for a very successful party. A lot of the 'big' wedding suppliers attended, and I think almost everything was sponsored! Josiah's Catering and Juan Carlo took care of the food. Balay Kandila and Tropical Blooms took care of the set-up and event styling. Topmark took care of the trophies. Aircons were from Messe and Handel. The W@W Retrospect AVP was done by none other than Jason Magbanua (the man!). The cake was provided by Alex Franco.
Here's a picture of the W@W5 cake:
(For a larger picture, click on the photo.)
Jovan and I arrived at around 5PM. The fair was over at that time, but we still saw some brides having make-overs at the make-up stations, and photographers still taking pictures of couples. Our photographer, Dino Lara, saw us and took our pictures even if we didn't sign up. I guess it was a freebie from him. :) The party started past 7PM, and dinner was served past 8PM. The food was okay, except for the plates which I learned was provided by Juan Carlo. (For the full story, just email me.) The Retrospect AVP was awesome! And I'm not just saying that 'cause we were part of it (hehe). ANG GALING TALAGA MAG-EDIT NI JASON! The AVP featured W@Wies who explained how W@W helped them in the wedding preparations. There were two other AVP's done by other suppliers - one for the W@Wie Awards for the Top 10 suppliers. Then the top 5 suppliers were featured in another AVP.
Background on the W@Wie Awards: The W@Wies were asked to nominate, then vote for the suppliers. Last December 16 to 31, 2003, the W@Wies were asked to send in their top 3 suppliers based on the criteria (wedding supplier whom a W@Wie thinks is well loved by the W@Wies; who loves the W@Wies; and who has always been there for W@W and speaks well of W@W). W@W then released the top 10 nominees, and from January 1 to 20, 2004, the W@Wies were asked to vote for the top 5 suppliers. The supplier with the most number of votes will be the Top Supplier of the Year.
Here are the Top 10 Suppliers of W@W. I listed the Top 5 Suppliers first. (..in random order..)
jasonmagbanuaDigitalVideo
Josiah's Catering Inc.
Eddie Bruan Hair Designs
Balay Kandila
Cakes by Alex Franco
Chito Cleofas Photography
DecisiveMoments
DinoLara Photography
Fol Rana, Jr. Photography / The BIG Picture
Tropical Blooms
The Top Supplier of the Year is Alex Franco. And I'm not surprised. I don't think anyone was surprised. Put all of these together: great tasting cake, fabulous-looking, and very affordable, and a supplier who's very nice and easy to talk to - you'll get Alex Franco Cakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment