Finally!!! My computer is back and my modem is working! Yipee!!! Lots of stuff to blog about. I don't know where to start!
Angels and Demons
[SPOILER ALERT]
I was so disappointed with Dan Brown after reading this book. It’s EXACTLY like Da Vinci Code! Same characters, just different names. Same plot. Heck, the lead character even wears the same watch (Mickey Mouse watch). It was amusing at first, but it lost its charm because of the repeat. A symbologist is asked to help solve a murder of an important man. He teams up with the victim’s relative (grandchild in Da Vinci Code, adopted daughter in Angels in Demons). It’s really pitiful. Very disappointing. I am so glad that I read Da Vinci Code first, at least I was able to appreciate it.
American Idol
I felt sad for the six people who didn’t make it from the first group. They all sang well. Tough luck that they were part of a very good group. They were all better than everyone in the second group. I’m glad that Camille Velasco was voted in, but objectively, she wouldn’t have made it if she was part of the first group.
I just watched the third group and they were pretty good! Honestly, I didn't think Latoya was really good. She has a high voice but for me, high voice isn't synonymous to beautiful voice. But there's not doubt about it, she was the best in the third group.
Preps Update
I talked to Melissa Lim of Cakeworld last Monday. Cakeworld was the supplier who made this cake:
Her album was very impressive – not a lot of repeats there. And all the cakes were lovely! She said that they always try to make each cake as unique as possible, except when the couple specifically tells them to copy a certain cake. I’m very excited with the cake design that we came up with. I’m just waiting for her quotation and proposal for actual cake design. My only worry during the meeting was the taste. What if the cakes were pretty but they didn’t taste good? My worries disappeared after tasting the carrot cupcake she brought for tasting. I really don’t eat carrot cakes, but I tasted the one she brought and I LOVED IT! The texture was just right, and the touch of chocolate did wonders.
It’s unfortunate that Alex Franco discouraged me from having a cupcake tree for the wedding. He said that by the time the cupcakes are distributed to the guests, they would be dry. I asked the members of W@W if this was true and they said that all the cupcakes they tasted in the weddings they attended were not dry at all. Also, I have already set my mind of having a cupcake tree – it was our first decision for the preps, way before getting the Church. But since Alex Franco is highly recommended, I will still get him for the sponsors’ gifts.
Wedding Expo
I loved this wedding expo! We were able to book suppliers and meet a couple of W@Wies.
It’s official: our photographer will be Dino Lara, our videographer will be Jason Magbanua, our caterer will be Josiah’s Catering, and our florist will be Petal Patch. We were there both days. My mom joined us last Saturday, and we devoted our time to checking each and every stall. Sunday was booking day – the day for downpayments.
I spent some time at the W@W booth. We even took some pictures. I'll post them soon - I just have to reinstall Photoshop. We got the latest W@W Wedding Primer, which is really very helpful! Lotsa tips, checklists, and information.
Next steps for the preps: give downpayment for the venue, decide on the wedding coordinator (we are still torn between getting Connie or Weng), and decide on an event stylist (either Dorothy Cuna or Balay Kandila).
No comments:
Post a Comment