Friday, July 02, 2004

Spideyman

[With spoilers so if you haven't watched it, STAY AWAY! :p]



Yesterday afternoon, Mike messaged me and said that Spider-man 2 is better than the first installment. I wondered how that could happen. (You see, I'm not a big fan, but Jovan is so I had to watch during the first day.) We bought tickets 2 weeks ago for the 8:45PM showing 'cause we were there in Eastwood anyway, and they were already selling tickets. I watched with Jovan and my cousin, Anton.

Yes, it's way better than the first film. It made you think. And the plot was solid. There was a nice mix of drama, romance, action, and even humor. (The scenes with the girl plucking her violin singing "Spiderman, spiderman..." were hilarious.) The two negative points that I could think of are the effects, and the mush. For a big movie, the effects could have used some improvement. You know the scenes were Doc Ock holds people (MJ at one point)? It was obvious that the background isn't real, blue screen lang. And in my opinion, there was a wee bit too much mush. I'm not just talking about romance here, I'm talking about the moments with the aunt, with the uncle, with the best friend, etc. Everything else was okay. Surprisingly, I liked the movie!

Wedding Coordinator: Check!

Yey! We finally chose and booked Jody Liwanag of Events Experts as our wedding coordinator! We got "on the day" package. We met with her yesterday at Cibo in ABS. She was really early - our meeting was scheduled at 12:30PM but she was there at around 12:10PM. Buti na lang nandun na ako. Chika-chika muna, about where we are on the preps and about the suppliers we've chosen. She gave us some checklists and we gave her photocopies of our contracts. At the end of the meeting we gave her the downpayment. I'm so happy that there's progress with the preps!!!

Next: event stylist and music (choir and band)...

No comments: