Sunday, July 25, 2004

Marta's Cakes

Jovan and I went all the way to Alabang Hills to meet Marta Matute, who was recommended to us by a couple of suppliers. Alex Franco was kind enough to tell me that I can still look for a cupcake supplier 'cause he knew I really wanted to have a cupcake tree. Initially, I asked if we could meet in Makati. Marta said it was okay but she will only be able to bring a few albums with her. I wanted to see all her work so Jovan and I set an appointment with her for a saturday. We actually set the appointment two weeks ago.

It was worth it. HER CAKES ARE UNBELIEVABLE!!! They were so pretty, and she was very creative! I wish I had pictures to show you guys 'cause describing them really isn't enough. Some examples: a) there was a cake that looked like a table, complete with spoon and fork, plate, with food on the plate; b) there was a cake that all the girly stuff on it, prada bags, make up kits, high-heeled shoes; c) she made cakes that were shaped like a shoebox, with sneakers on top of them, for an Adidas party; d) a 3 year old boy requested for a Fear Factor birthday cake, complete with roaches, maggots, worms (hay naku kids talaga!); d) she made small house cakes for a Brittany event.

I'm really excited with the cupcake tree design that we came up with!

I really, really hope she follows through, unlike the first cupcake tree supplier I *fell in love with*. She said she'll send the quote asap, she's just busy with some orders at the moment.

If you need cakes for any occasion (birthday, baptism, bridal shower, etc.), please, please try to check out her work! Complete detaisl are: 17 Dona Annie St., Alabang Hills Village, Muntinlupa City. You can call her at 0917-5207265, 7750787, 8423836. :)

No comments: