I should blog more often... Have lots of things to blog about but when the time comes for me to post, I always forget the topics. Anyway...
Preps Update
I had a trial make up session with Frances Go last Sunday, for the wedding of Jovan's sister. I think it went really well! I got a lot of compliments, especially from the people who mattered most. My mom liked it, Jovan liked it, Kookie and Bunny liked it. We're 90% sure to book her. But I need to have a trial-hair session with her, because my hair was only in a half ponytail during the wedding. (Photos in our wedding blog.)
We're planning to have a bossa nova band instead of a string quartet for the reception. I've been looking for a band for the past 2 weeks and I finally found one today! Jovan, Kookie and I went to Podium today to hang out, and lo and behold, there was a bossa nova band playing! Well, they call themselves a "brazilian and latin band". After their performance I approached the only lady in the band and asked for her number and calling card, which she willingly gave. I'm so happy that I have option 2!
Option 1 is Sitti and the Cubano. Bunny has been raving about her and the band so we're planning to watch them perform at Stonehouse on friday. The place isn't that pretty, but what's important is that I get their contact numbers. :) Bunny says that two people have already described Sitti's voice as 'orgasmic'. Which of course, got me
curious.
If you know other bossa nova bands, please please leave a message. Thanks! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment