I would like to blog about the newest tennis sensation, Maria Shaparova.
I used to be a big tennis fan. I followed all the grand slam tournaments. I was a big Steffi Graf and Pete Sampras fan. It broke my heart that Pete couldn't win a French Open title, and I was delighted to watch Sampras-Agassi matches. And then Hingis came. I lost interest, but I still watched, here and there. And then Pete faded away, and the Williams sisters started to dominate. I totally lost interest. I haven't been watching for the past couple of years. I was so surprised to find out the Federrer, the 2004 Men's Single's Wimbledon champion, actually won back to back! I totally do not know the guy! It was a big realization that I'm not a tennis fan anymore.
But now, we have Sharapova. A 17 year old Russian girl, who looks like model, and who plays good tennis. Sharapova beat Serena Williams in 2 sets and became the 2004 Women's Singles Wimbledon champion. She's such a darling! And she's the best thing to happen in tennis in the past couple of years. I've read it in PinoyExchange, I've read it in newspaper columns (loved the article by Recah Trinidad of Inquirer today - so, dramatic...) - old tennis fans who haven't been watching are now back. Hopefully, for a long time to come.
Just look at her!
(Click on the photos for a bigger version.)
(Photos from Mariaworld.net.)
I really can't believe some people. For close minded people, anything that you do will be held against you, even if you're trying to help out. If they're not happy with the system, first, why not try to do something about it instead of ranting like hell or second, why not just leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment