Monday, May 05, 2003

"Long Weekend"

Thursday
Had a meeting at Smart last Thursday, May 1. Yes, May 1. The smart HR group of Smart decided that they should have work on May 1, and none on May 2 so that the employees can have a long weekend. Problem was that everyone else had work on May 2. Hung out in the afternoon, and had dinner in Napoli. I finally met the Portalettes. Cool bunch of people. Met Yoj, April, Romy, plus Mark and Petite. Of course Mira and Fiesta were there. Chegay called from the US. It was a good dinner, with good people, good food, and good kwento.

Friday
Had work last friday. Attended two REALLY long meetings - both lasted more than 3 hours. So Friday sucked. End of story.

Saturday
Bliss. Had lunch at Bubba Gump in Greenbelt 3. The food was great (didn't like the sandwich that much, though) and the service was just awesome. All the waiters greeted us as we entered the restaurant, and service was quick. Each table had plates which said "Run Forrest Run", and "Stop Forrest Stop". To call a waiter, you just had to display "Stop Forrest Stop".

Boat Trash was yummy! It had shrimps, mayi-mayi and lobsters, with French Fries. And their drinks looked really good. We ordered speckled lemonade - which was lemonade with strawberry. Drawback - it's really expensive there. I can't go there often 'cause I'm gonna end up with no moolah.

Sunday
Weather was so weird! On the way to mass the sky was dark, so we brought an umbrella. But after mass, at noon, it was so hot! Went home to Binan for the baptism of my neice, 'cause I was Ninang. It's funny 'cause she's the daughter of my Ninong (who's pretty young). So now I can call him Pareng Ninong, or something like that. My schedule was ruined because I was really supposed to go to the office to work for a while. Well, scrap that idea!

I went back to QC at around 7:30PM. Went to the wake of Mike's mom at Filinvest 1. There were so many people! It's really sad because Mike's mom was young, and she was very energetic. I guess God really has plans, and sometimes we don't understand them. But we really just have to accept. Imagine, before the wake, I just came from a baptism, the start of life.

Well, today's the start of another loooooooooooong week. Urgh I wish I was filthy rich so I didn't have to work anymore, to earn money. I would love to do volunteer work for the rest of my life.

No comments: