Thursday, May 22, 2003

Is it impossible to have a good working relationship with your boss? My previous boss, I don't even consider him a 'boss' because he's a good friend. He's just so cool. I think that's a very ideal set-up, having a boss who's also a friend. With some bosses, it's a long shot, but I think it's always worth a try. Also, it's a two way thing. However, most employees complain that "my boss is so and so" but if you look at it, they're also not doing anything to improve the relationship.

I don't understand why it always has to be "one of us" or "one of them" (management versus employees). I don't understand why there has to be a very clear line between 'boss' and 'employee', which you cannot cross at all. When someone moves towards that line, and attempts to cross it, he's accused of sucking up and kissing ass. I also don't understand why having good communication with your boss, or being open with him, is something that's frowned upon.

But of course I know you can't have a perfect relationship with your boss. Or with anyone. :D It's really a love-hate relationship. You just have to make sure and try to always be on the 'love' side. :D

No comments: