Monday, February 02, 2004

Full Weekend

I felt great during the weekend! Last Saturday, I went to the Learning Links orientation at the Sunville Compound in Katipunan. Learning Links is an NGO that addresses the needs of the street children in Katipunan. They have lots of volunteer opportunities, and I chose two - Community Library and Academics. They're going to launch the center as a community library that the kids can visit any time they want, to read books and participate in exciting activities such as educational games. As for Academics, the center is like a school during weekdays where kids can go to supplement their public schooling. For the kids who are not studying, the center serves as their school. I'm actually excited, and I can't wait until our training!

Then I had lunch at Manang's with former officemates. Of course the food was GREAT! I didn't even think twice about having rice even if I'm on a no-rice diet. :D

In the afternoon, I joined the meeting of the Alumni Care group of the Ateneo Alumni Association where we talked about organizational structure, mission-vision-objectives, and several projects. It was a very productive meeting. Now I'm looking forward to the first meeting of the Alumni Card project team.

We started our Sunday with the usual first Sunday mass at the Gesu. Right after that we went to Gerry's Libis to have lunch with Jovan's friends, since his friend Rumel, who's working in Japan, is here on vacation. Then we had coffee at San Francisco Coffee (I wish we went somewhere else!). We were there for almost 2 hours, just chatting and talking about different things. Then Jovan and I went to the Westin Bridal Fair.

No comments: