Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Sitcom Gimmicks

I noticed that GMA 7 sitcoms have their own gimmicks. I like Kool Ka Lang's gimmick the best. They have a "Long Batian Portion" where they greet their texters/viewers. Long is given a minute to read all the greetings, and after a minute he gets hit by something on the head, then the show resumes. The clock they use is a Mickey Mouse clock, but instead of Mickey's face, Dagul's face is displayed.

Idol Ko Si Kap's gimmick used to be acceptable, but one gets tired of it after a while. A group of guys together with a kid rap the theme song of the show. They add Rufa Mae's line, "Todo na 'to!" At the end of the show, they all join in and sing and dance with the group.

Beh Bote Nga has the worst gimmick. I think they just came up with it because it's becoming a trend. Before commercial breaks, a group of 3 girls dance, and a 'hirit' is shown on screen. Sometimes, in the middle of the show, they insert blurbs with arrows pointed to the person involved. Really corny.

Why the hell am I blogging about this? Well, I'm watching Beh Bote Nga right now and the girls are starting to annoy me. :)

No comments: