Sunday, March 04, 2007

Biking

Yes, I have started to bike. It wasn't really a decision I consciously made. Jovan bought a bike at a cheap price. He had 2 options for the bike - I could use it if I wanted to (the GIANT frame was perfect for me at 14 inches), or he could sell the parts. Well, I figured that I should know how to bike if I'm a real fan of the sport. I started 3 weeks ago and I'm actually enjoying it! Jovan changed some parts - he changed the handlebar to a riser bar, he got a gel cover for the seat, and he changed the pedals to platform pedals. Since I don't have a helmet yet, I refuse to go far, so I just go around the Ateneo high school parking lot. I started with a distance of 2.5km, but tonight I biked 4km! Cool! I really should get a helmet...

One of my goals is to join the Ride for the Roses or a LiveSTRONG challenge in the US. The only problem will be the money (since you have to raise at least $2,500 to be able to join - gulp!).

No comments: