What is happening to our country?
I've been so annoyed at what's going on in the political scene that I actually refuse to watch the news. It's all about politicking! I really wish that we can find someone who truly cares for the country, someone who can lead us out of this shit.
I felt so sad reading an email thread of our barkada. And to think, we *used to be* idealists. We used to talk about how we still wanted to stay in the Philippines in spite of what was happening. Well, that was before. It has changed now. Most of them are actually researching about moving to another country. It has crossed my mind several times also, but not seriously, but, I really can't leave my family. I only have my mom and dad and if Jovan and I leave, who will take care of them? It's not an option at all, unless they want to join us wherever we're going. :)
I've thought about my stand - and honestly, I don't think GMA can ever salvage whatever's left of her presidency. However easy it is to tell her to step down, everyone also has to think about the implications. WHO WILL TAKE OVER? WILL WE BE BETTER OFF WITH THIS PERSON? We can't afford to be impulsive. We CANNOT.
I honestly don't know what to do. I guess for now my best bet is prayer. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment