Photo from the Starstruck site
I'm a self-confessed Starstruck follower. I think it's a hit because the idea is unique, for Philippine TV at least. I guess people are tired of the sickening dramas and absurd situations of the telenovelas already, and Starstruck was a welcome change during primetime.
My bets before were Christian and Yasmien. Yes I know Christian isn't exactly cute, but he's talented and smart! Especially if you compare him to all the other guys! Barok! Hindi pa talented! Christian was also voted by his peers as the friendliest, even after he was voted out. On the other hand, I like Yasmien because she's the prettiest. She was the only one who didn't look cheap and bakya. For a beginner, she can also act. However, Jennilyn is growing on me. She's okay, and she can sing.
I totally hope that Rainier doesn't win. If he does, it will show us the state of showbiz. People don't care about talent, they're just after looks. (Hey, he's not even cute for me.) The only thing going for this guy is his "killer smile" (according to him) and his F4 look. That's it. He can't sing, he can't dance, and he CANNOT act. Sheesh. Mark is okay, at first he was totally barok when he answered questions, but somehow he's getting the hang of it.
It's really crazy how Starstruck caught the country by storm. So many people watched the survivors in Cebu (where the show was stopped by SM because of the riot it caused), Davao, Baguio, and Legazpi. I wonder who the winners will be. Well, we'll all find out on February 1.
No comments:
Post a Comment