Friday, January 02, 2004

The Holidays

How did I spend the holidays? Well, there's the usual clan lunch and the yearly reunions. Then there were also new things, such as finding a new gimmick buddy in Alexis, and spending time (LOTSA) with good friends who I don't get to see often - Kookie and Gen. We watched three filmfest movies - Crying Ladies, Filipinas, and Mano Po 2. We also sang our hearts out in two videoke sessions in Red Box and Music 21.

New Year's Day

Started the New Year with the 10:30PM mass at Dela Strada with Jovan and my parents. It's the first time we went to mass on New Year's day itself. We usually go to New Year's Eve mass. My parents and I weren't really in the mood for the usual celebration. My mom didn't buy round fruits, we only brought out a few coins, and we didn't serve a lot of food. My dad even slept before Media Noche. But we still left out some traditional stuff, such as the champagne and the turning on of ALL the lights in the house.

Anyway, going back to New Year's Day... After mass, we all went to Eastwood to have lunch. Most of the restaurants were closed, except for West Lake. Guess where we had lunch? :) Lucky for West Lake, a lot of families ended up eating there because they didn't have a choice.

The afternoon was a lazy one. We went online and napped until it was time for the yearly Arpafo reunion. This year's host was Tito Pat, so we went to his house in New Manila. I was stuffed! The food was great. I could have eaten more if only I had more room for more food. Right after dinner Jovan and I left for a gimmick, with Alexis and Kookie. We were thinking of going to Tagaytay, then Antipolo, but we ended up going to Music 21 for another round of videoke... until 3AM! On the way home Alexis was still giddy, still singing and kidding around.

It was a fun day. Hope the year will be the same.

Back to work... soon

It's friday now and I can already feel Monday creeping in. What am I going to do? Jovan's going back to work. My other friends are going back to work. My gimmick buddies are going back to work. This is gonna be totally new for me. I'm planning to do the kikay rounds - go to the dentist, to the derma, to the spa. Then I'll start organizing my stuff for THE preparations. I'm excited!

But before Monday comes, we're going to watch Bridal Shower. That's gonna be... interesting!



No comments: