Saturday, June 18, 2005

Batman Begins


Photo from Yahoo Movies

I truly believe that this is the best Batman movie to date. The cinematography was consistent, the actor was perfect for the role, the treatment was not comical... It's an AWESOME movie!

I was lucky to have watched the movie last monday at Glorietta, during the Gentxt premiere. I was with Jovan, Lester, Mads, Sharon, and Vince. Sorta like a triple date, but not really. Loooooong story that I would rather not talk about. Let's just say it was over before it even started. Okay, so I'm rambling... Back to Batman.

Christian Bale was perfect for the role. Mostly because he's not widely known. The actors in the past movies were too popular so it was a bit hard to go beyond their names. Clooney was too suave, which Batman definitely isn't. Keaton was a bit comical, which Batman definitely isn't. Val Kilmer was just totally wrong, haha! Christian Bale adapted to the scenes - when he was in prison he was a lost soul searching for himself, when he was training you can feel the fire from within, when he was back in Gotham he was the typical rich bachelor, and when he was with Rachel you can see that he was in love.

It was refreshing to see Morgan Freeman in a somewhat subtle comical role (remember Bruce Almighty? haha!). Liam Neeson was great, but there were times when it was like deja vu - what is Quigon Jin doing in Batman? Katie Holmes did well, however, I couldn't get past her sweet image so she didn't come across as the tough assistant DA that Rachel was supposed to be. Michael Caine, on the other hand, was the perfect Alfred!

I love the fact that the treatment of the villain was not literal. You won't see a scarecrow walking around scaring the hell out of people. The scarecrow was actually just a mask, made ugly by the drugs forced into the victims. Love, love, love it.

It was a long movie, but I didn't notice it at all. The action scenes were great, carefully spread throughout the movie, so it doesn't tire the audience. I hate action movies that overdo it, where the audience isn't given a chance a rest and appreciate the scenes.

Awesome, awesome movie.

Plugging... to get Batman downloads on your mobile, text BATMAN to 2346. For Globe subscribers only. :)

No comments: