Watching these senators and congressmen debate over the silliest things just makes me so ashamed and pissed off. The past few days truly reflect sorry state of politics in this country. Can you blame people if they're losing hope? We have to wait for another 6 years for another chance. Maybe even more than 6 years! Now that's a loooooooooong time.
One of my friends said that this is what the Filipinos wanted, and this is what we got. He even said if they want FPJ, then give them FPJ. I think it's so unfair to just say that because I DO NOT WANT THIS!!! Don't you tell me that I deserve this because I don't.
Honestly, as good as democracy is, I believe that it's not always what a country needs. Do you honestly think that democracy is working for the Philippines now? Or for the past two decades? The majority isn't always right - but how do we go around that? Another people power? It's so tiring already.
The one thing I could have done - that is, vote for the people I believe in - I wasn't able to do. Yes, I'm a statistic. I called up the TV stations to report it, because realistically that's the only thing I can do. But of course nothing happened.
Honestly, after the comedy and horror of May 11, do you still believe in this process of ours? With all of Comelec's stupidity? With all the cheating? Sometimes your vote won't even count because of dagdag-bawas, because of cheating. It seems that it's useless to go through this whole election process!
And don't you tell me to stop whining and do something about it. I work, I pay taxes, and in my own little way I do things that I feel can help society in general.
Damn I'm just so mad. Our country is in a sad, sad state. And what's worse, it's gonna be like this for the next N years! Excuse me for this, but... FUCK!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment