Monday, May 17, 2004

Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffic!

Saturday was such a bad day for me and Jovan. His lola is in the ICU so we really had to visit her. I dropped off my books for the PinoyExchange Book Club at Shaw Blvd., then we went straight to Batangas. We were in the Libis/C5 area at around 9:20AM.

We arrived in Batangas at around 12:50PM.

It was just a bad timing for us. Imagine combining all of these: summer vacation, the heat, payday, and fiestas! Everyone just wanted to get out of Manila! The 2 gasoline stations along the South Super-highway were FULL! There were so many cars and people buying food or drinks or whatever they needed for their 'getaway'. Some were even taking pictures!

We stayed in the hospital a little less than 2 hours. We couldn't really talk to Jovan's lola because she was having an asthma attack when we arrived. Minus the asthma, I think she looked relatively strong, for 97-year-old woman. She's bd-ridden though, because she slipped many years ago, but still, she looked strong to me. I just hope that she's not in so much pain anymore, and I hope she can go back home already.

Going home was as bad as going to Batangas. The fiestas didn't help at all. I didn't know that there are a lot of places here in the Philippines with San Isidro as the patron saint. It also took us around 4 hours to get home. Total of 8 hours on the road. Powered by two drive-thrus, one in Jollibee, and one in McDonald's. Going home, Jovan and I were both going nuts - we were actually singing the political jingles! But at least that made it more fun.

No comments: