No, I don't mean summer. (But yes it has been extremely hot lately!) I meant the movie, Troy. Too many hunks!
Honestly, studying the movie closely, I have a lot of issues with it. But I can't deny that until now, I am still in awe. I still think it's a great movie.
(Photo from the official website of Troy, the movie)
[SPOILERS COMING UP!]
Issue #1
During the first part of the movie, I couldn't go past Brad Pitt the actor. I didn't see Achilles, I saw Brad Pitt. And, he was HOT! HOT! HOT! He only 'became' his character when his evil ways showed. I actually started to hate him. Well, the character. What's there to hate in Brad Pitt???? :D
In fairness, I think all the other actors got into their characters really well. I totally hated Agamemnon, and I totally loved King Priam (?). Hector was a hero in his time. Paris was a fool.
Issue #2
I was really distracted during the first part of the movie because there were so many cute, hot, guys in the movie, and they even looked cuter in the blue costumes (skirts, but I'm sure they're not called that...) Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom... But it's good that the story prevailed later on.
Issue #3
I felt that I ignored the supposedly 'big' scenes because I thought that they were done already in the past. It wasn't new, so I wasn't surprised. No more "awe" factor. The scenes of the ships arriving in Troy was very similar to Saving Private Ryan. And the big war scenes reminded me too much of Lord of the Rings. Heck even the musical score reminded me of LOTR, especially the woman chanting (chanting?). It didn't help at all the Orlando Bloom's character was an... ARCHER!!! (Was Paris an archer??? If yes, is that why they got Orland Bloom? If no, why did they have to make him an archer???) I could see Legolas, not Paris, when he was shooting those arrows! Another thing, the scene where the soldiers were emerging from the Trojan Horse was too MI'ish for me.
For me, the hero here is Hector (or Eric Bana!). He was such a good and noble man. He was a great leader of the army. He loved his wife, he loved his father, and he loved his country. And he's pogi! Ahahahahaha!
I loved it when the Trojans attacked the Greeks on the beach. First, it was raining burning arrows, which landed on the ground. Then, they pushed these big balls of rope (?) which burned as they passed the burning arrows. These big balls then landed on the Greeks and their tents and ships. That was awesome!
I am now inspired to research on Greek history and mythology again. Awesome story. I just think the first part was an overkill, when they drilled into our heads that Achilles wanted to be immortal. It was just a bit too much.
But, again, I loved the movie. It's a great movie that would have been greater if it was shown before Saving Private Ryan and Lord of the Rings. This isn't a DVD movie. It's meant to be watched in the theaters. Goooooo watch!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment