Conversations with God
I just started on the book a few weeks ago. I am totally fascinated at the content! The book really opens you up to accept new ideas, truly life-changing. I just have a problem with the first part. The author keeps on saying that the book is actually his conversations with God. That's fine. If that's what he experienced, then that's good for him. I just have a problem with what he said afterwards - that God is talking to you (the reader) through the book/me. I think the reader should be the judge of that. It's up to the reader if he or she experiences God while reading the book. Experiencing God is something that's personal, it's not something that someone else imposes on you.
That aside, I'm looking forward to reading the whole book. I've only read a few pages - haven't had the time to read. I hope to really gain new insight and to know more about God. Truly. Not just by memorizing prayers and dogmas and reading scripture without really paying attention... This is a step by step process for me. And somehow, there's progress. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment