One shall stand, one shall fall... (With spoilers.)
If you haven't watched the movie, don't read this yet.
Guess what, I wasn't a Transformers fan. I never followed it, the only things I know about it was the song, Optimus Prime, Megatron, the Autobots and the Decepticons. I knew that they were robots that transformed, but that's about it. I didn't know about the story, I didn't know the names of the other robots. I watched the movie because of all the hype.
And boy, what a movie! IT WAS AWESOME! I still can't get over the fact that Michael Bay was able to make me CARE about a bunch of robots. Bumblebee almost made me cry THREE TIMES - when he was captured by the annoying Sector 7, when he lost his legs, and when he asked if he could stay with the boy. Optimus Prime was so fatherly, there were times I forgot he was a robot.
The movie had enough light and funny moments, emotional moments, and action scenes (maybe a bit too much). The mix was good, except that I felt the last part was TOO action-packed. I believe that the audience should be given some time to recover from too much action. The first part of the movie was just perfect for me, a dash of cutesy scenes (Bumblebee playing "Drive" and "Baby Come Back" - hilarious!) here, some funny moments there ("I love you Dad!" and the Autobots trying to hide), and just the right amount of action (Barricade going against Bumblebee).
I'm not a big fan of the raw type of cinematography used, but I didn't mind it at all with this movie. I guess it was necessary to make the movie 'human', as opposed to the cartoon version. It also helped bring out the hotness of Megan Fox and Josh Duhamel. THEY ARE SO HOT, it's ridiculous!
Shia LaBeouf - I still remember him in Even Stevens. He was perfect for the role of Sam. Believably funny, and with very expressive eyes, who would have thought he would be a hero? It makes us think that even if we are nobodies, we can still be important.
One thing though - the movie didn't showcase the Transformers that much, which is ironic because hey, it's entitled "Transformers", right? It was all about Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, and Megatron. Because I wasn't a fan before, I didn't know the names of the other Autobots and Decepticons. And I still don't. I only remember Jazz.
There are rumors that the producers are already cooking up a sequel. Maybe in the next movie we'll get to know the other robots more. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment