Found these questions in April's blog. I think this is a good way to look back at 2005, and start 2006. Yes, I know it's already February but better late than never...
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
I got married, went on a great honeymoon, and went to the US with my new husband! 2005 is one of the most important years of my life! :)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Unfortunately, I don't believe in new year's resolutions. I just make general plans for the year. But I was so busy preparing for the wedding last year that I didn't even write them down. I made sure that I have a list for 2006.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had friends who gave birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother, father side. I knew that it was going to come anytime because of her old age, but it still devastated me nontheless.
5. What countries did you visit?
Thailand and the US. Stopovers at Singpore and Taiwan.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Oh dear many things. I would like to travel more, save more, make a difference somehow, and lose weight!
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 7, 2005 - Our wedding!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Pulling off a very memorable wedding that was so much fun! It was just what we wanted it to be.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Last year was a blur, it was all about the wedding. I don't remember doing anything meaningful.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not me, but my husband. It was quite a scare.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our HP laptop, and iPod video.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
There are just too many to mention, honestly. There's my hubby, Mads, Bunny, Lester, the content management team, Rina...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one made me appalled. But some people made me sad and annoyed and a bit mad. Someone I mentioned in #12, and someone who has already passed away. I definitely can't write about that.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The wedding, the first honeymoon, the second honeymoon, gadgets, books, magazines, ETC. ETC. ETC.!!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Oh definitely the wedding! I am probably boring you already with all of this wedding stuff, but last year was OUR year! Can't blame me. It was so much fun preparing for the wedding, even if it was stressful! The day itself was so much fun. NO STRESS AT ALL! Just laughter, great company, great memories... Of course I was also very excited to go to the US because it was his first time to go there. Watching and observing him being in awe is just precious.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
When You Know and Feels Like Home. :)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Honestly, just the same.
thinner or fatter? FATTER! Shit.
richer or poorer? Richer. Literally and figuratively.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Do more meaningful stuff such as helping Mads out with her foundation. Sigh. That was one plan I wasn't able to do at all.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with the family. We attended the usual Limaco clan reunion in Binan, but this time with Jovan. We had fun lining up for our "aguinaldo" even if it wasn't a lot. Then at night we went out with Lester, Mads and Cathy. That was fun. And funny.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
I was already in love! Ehehe!
22. How many one-night stands?
None.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Too many to mention! Will try anyway... American Idol, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Alias, CSI, Pinoy Big Brother (haha!)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not really...
25. What was the best book you read?
Last year was all about chick lit books. Got my intellectual fix from Time and Fortune. Harry Potter Book 6 came out... does that count? :)
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A lot. Sitti Navarro for one. Last year was all about concerts. Being part of the Jars of Clay concert was awesome. I've loved them since college and watching them perform live was just overwhelming. That was the best concert ever.
27. What did you want and get?
A memorable and fun wedding. Going back to the US, but this time with Jovan.
28. What did you want and not get?
Better political situation in the Philippines. I'm startin to lose hope...
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ooooooh wait. Gotta think about this. Probably Batman. A Lot Like Love was also nice.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Didn't do anything special on my birthday. I turned 28.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to do something meaningful. Being more active in volunteer work.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Ganun pa rin.
33. What kept you sane?
Jovanni.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lance Armstrong. Truly inspiring. And Sam Milby, haha!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Honestly, I don't mind the political issues anymore. I guess I'm already jaded. I just let it be.
36. Who did you miss?
My lola.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm...
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Be yourself. We planned the wedding our way, not following traditions we didn't believe in. It turned out to be fun, and very memorable.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Okay I gotta research first... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment