Century Ride
Surprisingly, I had a blast supporting the Globe boys during the Century Ride. I really thought that Jovan and I would end up driving from one place to another, waiting for the boys to pass by, but Jovan took it seriously. We were considered a SAG vehicle - that's what they call the vehicles that support the cyclists. We followed them from Katipunan to Tagaytay. Yup, we were behind them most of the time. It was fun, and I wouldn't mind doing it again.
I'm so proud of the guys, they finished. So what if we were the last group to arrive. There were so many riders who didn't even finish!!! I think that having a SAG helped a lot. At one point Mike T and Clar left their backpacks with us. They drank a lot! Which is good, because I thought no one would drink the liquids that we brought with us. They also made their own sandwiches from the bread and jam that we brought. It was really fun to bond with them during the ride.
Too bad I won't be able to do this often. I don't drive, and Jovan joins their rides within Manila-Sta. Rosa-Antipolo. Oh well, until next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment