Manchurian Candidate
First thing that comes to mind: Meryl Streep was AMAZING! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Can't stress that enough. She did an excellent job in her role as the mother of the vice-presidential candidate. Denzel Washington was also brilliant as the captain of the squad that included the vice-presidential candidate when they were in Kuwait.
I have to admit though that there will be others who will not like the movie. It's not your usual movie, as it makes use of some techniques that others may not like. I love the use of close-ups. You will seldomly see two characters talking to each other in one shot. The characters almost always talk directly to the camera. This is actually tough, since all the 'acting' is concentrated on the face. Do try to watch it - it's a good movie. :)
After The Sunset
On a whim, Jovan and I decided to watch After The Sunset last saturday. The movie featured popular actors anyway, so we figured that it couldn't be that bad. Well, it wasn't bad, but it was nothing great either. Worth watching for the girls since the movie showcased Pierce Brosnan's 'hunkiness' (hehe) and worth watching for the boys since Salme Hayek was in bikinis half of the time. Woody Harrelson was hilarious. If you haven't watched it yet, wait for the DVD. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment