Monday, July 28, 2003

WHATTA WEEKEND!

The Tour
Lance Armstrong becomes the 5th man to win the Tour de France 5 times! And he's only the second guy to do it consecutively! We knew this since the time trial last saturday but I didn't want to celebrate because a lot of things happened in the tour, and there was still a stage to go. Lance Armstrong - what an incredible guy.

Badminton
I played badminton with Mads (finally, after a million invites from her) in Arena. I went for the exercise, but after the 1 hour game, I loved it! I'm now planning to buy a racket and play the game regularly. :D

Thanks also to Mads, I took out my camera from my bag. I'm planning to take pictures again.

Coup?
And then the coup attempt. Or the situation in Oakwood. Whatever it was called, it was a very serious situation. Everyone was following it on TV, and the TV stations adjusted their programming schedules. The UAAP was cancelled for the day. I sympathize with the soldiers because I believed in their complaints. Thing is, the end didn't justify the means. I didn't understand what they wanted to achieve with what they did. I think if it's just about making noise, there are a million other ways to do that. In any case, I'm glad it ended the way it did, with no bloodshed.

Current Book
I read Lance Armstrong's book, It's Not About The Bike, last night. I finished it in one night! I told myself that I'd only read a chapter, but I couldn't put down the book. I ended up sleeping at 4AM.

It wasn't written excellently, but that actually adds to its charm. You know that it's him talking, about his story, his struggles, and triumphs. It's a very inspiring book, and it tugs your heart. Think Tuesdays With Morrie, only more exciting.

No comments: