DESTINATION?
We were supposed to go to Vigan for Jovan's birthday, but unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well, so I requested for a 'nearer' destination. We ended up going to Baguio again, partly because the boys wanted to bike to the "Radar" as Mike T had recommended. Again, we were the usual suspects - Jovan, me and Mike O - since no one else could go on leave on December 18 (Monday), Jovan's actual birthday. Mike O still had some leaves to use up. (Just to explain, we have 15 vacation leaves per year, and we're only allowed to carry over 7.5 to the next year. This means that we are required to use up 7.5 VL's for the year, or these will be forfeited.)
HOTEL VENIZ PART 2
We chose Hotel Veniz again since we really liked their service the last time. Unfortunately, it wasn't the same this time around. Service wasn't as good, the room we got for the first night, though more expensive, was so much smaller. The rate was for the view, I learned - something which we didn't care about. During check-out, there was mix up with the amount, so we had to explain (almost argue) with the people there.
HIGHLIGHT
I wasn't feeling 100% okay so I just let the boys do their bike ride while I watched the Tour de France in the hotel room. The highlight of the trip for me was the strawberry juice first discovered during Baguio Part 2. It was so funny because I took a photo of the juice and sent it to the girls, and everyone reacted! When you're in Baguio, it's a must that you go to Strawberries and Ice Cream at The Filling Station. The strawberry juice there is unlike anything you've ever tasted in any juice place here in Manila. Strawberries, sugar, and ice. That's it. YUMMY!

No comments:
Post a Comment