Sunday, August 24, 2003

Been sleeping really late the past few days. I'm really like this. Once I start, I can't stop. Which is bad because there's work tomorrow.

Went to an officemate's wedding yesterday. It was beautiful. Everything was perfect except for one thing, which is okay since everyone says that it's almost impossible that nothing goes wrong during a wedding. The emcee was just too funny, funny in a really bad way. Won't go into details. It's enough to say that she's one emcee everyone should avoid. But if that's the only negative thing about the wedding, then that's saying a lot. The wedding was lovely and truly memorable.

The motif of the wedding was lime green, fuschia, and freesia. Actually, the colors have more exotic names but it's easier to describe it with those simple words. The gowns of the bridesmaids were really funky, really modern. The beadwork was beautiful. Gowns were by Rajo Laurel. So yes, they're beautiful, but I'm sure the price was "beautiful" also - beautiful for Rajo. :) The ceremony was held in the Nuestra Senora Church in Guadalupe. The reception was held in the Rockwell Tennis Courts. The centerpieces for the tables for the guests were beautiful! Four sets of flowers - freesia-coloerd hydrangea (?) in one vase, white roses in one vase, 3 (really) long bamboo sticks with 1 flower each in one vase, and fuschia orchids in one vase. Food was by Via Mare. I only got the stuffed chicken and the lumpia, and IT WAS GOOD! Weddings aren't usually known for the food that's served, but the food was just yummy. I'm sure that the blue marlin and the ox tail was good too.

After the usual ceremonies a retro band played. I wasn't able to get the name but they were awesome. People actually danced! That's not common in weddings, or at least the weddings that I attend. I think that was the advantage of having the reception in a relatively open place. It was like a mini-concert.

92AD was the group that sang in the Church and during the reception. They're good, except for some mistakes in a couple of songs. Not glaring, so forgiveable. The AVP, prepared by Jenny Celdran, was LOVELY! Not the usual AVP. Really interesting!

The crowd was generally young. So the couple made sure that there were a lot of drinks. A LOT. That's even an understatement. There were just too many drinks that by the end of the reception, the couple's closest friends, most of them part of the entourage, were all drunk! Which I think is really nice since that's what a wedding is all about anyway. It's about celebrating the life that the couple will be spending together. It's about celebrating the love that the couple share with one another.

Wow, this has been such a long entry already. I guess I just can't run out of words for the wedding of my friend. I'll end this with a note for them, if ever they get to read my blog: Congratulations and best wishes to you guys. That was a lovely and memorable wedding. I'm grateful to have been a part of it. I hope that it's a preview of your future. :)

No comments: