Monday, March 24, 2003
Yesterday, during mass, I had a really emotional moment. I was with my cousin, and we were seated behind a family. A VERY happy family. Three kids, mom and dad, grandma, and yaya. The youngest was probably 1 1/2 years old. The other two, around 8 or 9. They were hugging the kissing their dad often, and they were playing with their youngest sibling. The baby was malikot, she wanted to be carried by her mom, her dad, and grandma.
When I saw the grandma, I was actually beginning to tear because I thought about my mom, my parents. How they'll be that old in around 7 to 10 years. I can't imagine them being gone. I'm the only child so it's a bit different for me. I know that we have our friends and other relatives, but the closeness with the immediate family is different. They're really the only ones I have, aside from the family that I will have in the future.
But now that I'm thinking about it again, I realize that I'm selfish. I'm getting sad because I'm thinking of ME. I should actually be grateful to God for giving me this wonderful family, even if we're only three.
No comments:
Post a Comment