Useless telephone numbers of Globe
I wanted to claim the celphone for the Loyalty Program of Globe today. I went to the Megamall branch twice, but there were only 3 models available so I just decided to go back some other time. The first time I went, I got to talk to a certain "Glenda", and she gave me the telephone number of the Megamall branch and told me to call to check for additional models.
This morning I visited the Globe website and checked the contact details of the Globe business centers. I got the phone numbers, from SM Fairview to Glorietta, so that I can call to ask. I had my mind set on visiting a Globe center today for the free celphone or discount, but I didn't want to waste my time going around Manila. Better to call first before I leave the house.
Of the 12 phone numbers listed, 4 were fax numbers, and 3 were "not yet in service". No one answered when I called the other 5 numbers. How useless!
I called Globe's customer service at 730-1000. (Another observation: they answer customer service calls from the celphones much faster than if the call is made from a landline. This happened LOTS of times.) The girl I talked to told me that the telephone numbers were only internal. They do not entertain calls from customers, and they encourage the customers to go to the business centers. Okay, fine. BUT first, they shouldn't have listed the phone numbers on the website then. Or they should have noted that no customer calls allowed. And second, I will visit a business center, in fact, I have visited the Megamall branch twice already. I just wanted to call first so that I will only go to the relevant business center, and not go around Metro Manila to all their business centers.
I hate it when websites are taken for granted. When they exist just for the sake of having a website. There are people who surf, you know. People who count on the info that is on the website. There are even websites with forms for you to fill up if you have inquiries, but then no one ever calls you or contacts you regarding your inquiry. Well, that's another story, wouldn't want to get into that right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment