Friday, November 24, 2006

Baby Joaquin!

One of my closest friends gave birth to bouncing baby boy! 'Bouncing' isn't an exaggeration - the baby's weight is 8 pounds! Another inaanak for me! I'm really excited! Welcome to the world Joaquin!

I am sure that friends who will read this will have one thing in mind - how about us?

All our friends and relatives have been asking us when we'll start a family. It's just not in our plans yet. Society really dictates so many things on us, and apparently not having children by choice within the first few years of marriage is something that's 'different'. Well, it's a choice, and I hope that the people around us will respect that.

3 comments:

jen said...

If you have a kid before marriage, that's taboo. If you decide not to have kids after marriage, believe it or not, that's a little taboo too!

The most interesting comment I heard about my childlessness, came from one of my high school classmates. She told me that the reason why couples marry is to have a kid and become a family. To the point that she said "nag-asawa ka pa kung di ka naman mag-aanak".

Ika ko nga, Live and Let live. Pero syempre, opinion naman niya yun, so ngingitian ko na lang.

Carambs said...

Ang sad noh? Oh well, ganyan talaga... :)

notsquare said...

excited na ako to meet the baby!!! :)