Hello from the US! Jovan and I have been here since October 18 and it has been a blast! Our friends and family have been very accomodating and we are really grateful. The breakdown so far:
Los Angeles
We arrived in LA at night, on October 18. We took the Super Shuttle to Sheraton Downtown and got there at around 9PM. We unpacked and tried to sleep right away because we were going to have an early day the next day. Well, we had jet lag so we were up by 3AM. Day 2 in LA was Disneyland day, and we were picked up by VIP Tours at 8:45AM. I was impressed by the system - we were brought to their office where we exchanged our vouchers for the tickets, and off to Disneyland we went. It wasn't my first time, but I was excited because it was Jovan's first time to go there. We really had a lot of fun. The only thing that sucks there is that the food inside was very expensive. Next time, we won't be lazy to go out to eat - food is cheaper outside. It's a pity that Jovan wasn't able to see the parade - our pick up time was early at 6:30PM. Same routine for Day 3, but it was for Universal Studios. I got kinda bored with the Studio Tours 'cause not a lot of new stuff, but I'm happy because Jovan really enjoyed. I loooooooooooved Shrek 4D - it was fun, and even if it wasn't "unique", for me, it's better than Disney's "Honey I Shrunk the Audience!" Day 4 was spent partly at Macy's since it was right beside our hotel, and then we flew to Las Vegas.
Las Vegas
This is really just a stop-over. Spent 3 days there. Story behind it: from LA, we were supposed to go to San Francisco but our chosen airline, America West, does not have a direct flight. There is a stop over either in Vegas or in Phoenix. So since we're stopping in Las Vegas anyway, we decided to stay there for 3 days so that we can drop off our luggage with my relatives and relax a bit. We went to Fremont for the Fremont Experience - it was so cool! That could easily be the biggest TV screen (or whatever you call it) in the world. Then we went to watch the beauuuutiful fountains at the Bellagio. Had a midnight snack at The Orleans, where I won $8 at the Casino (haha!). Ended that day at 2AM. Well, everything caught up with us so we woke up reallyyyyyyy late the next day - 4PM! Oh well. Sunday was Outlet day. I couldn't count the bags that we brought home, hehehe!
San Francisco
Flew to San Francisco last monday. It's really cold here (for me at least - Jovan loves the weather). Our relatives from both sides have been very accomodating! Again, it's Jovan's first time so he was really amazed by everything - the Golden Gate Bridge, the crooked road, Pier 39... We were able to experience the BART and Muni ride (I remember the BART to be very clean but now it's kinda dirty). We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (oh dear the cheesecake was so damn yummy!). We were also able to go to Gilroy for out Outlet shopping! Less bags, since we don't want to bring a lot of stuff back to Vegas. Had lunch with Mykiss, her hubby, and two other policemen - that was a lot of fun since they joked around so much. Had dessert with Enrique and Myra.
No comments:
Post a Comment