Sunday, August 01, 2004

So, so many things to blog about! Let's do this one at a time...

Lunch, and 'I, Robot'

Was supposed to have lunch at Manang's with Karen, Fiesta, and Jovan, but it was closed so we went to SR Thai instead. Ateneo had no classes of it was the feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola.

Yes, SR Thai is back! For a while I thought that it would be gone forever (from Katipunan, at least), but it's baaaaack! It has a new location - right beside Little Caesars. Kinda sucks for people with cars 'cause parking is very, VERY, limited.

After lunch, we went to Eastwood to watch a movie and we chose I, Robot over Catwoman because it got better reviews from our friends. I liked the movie a lot! Any movie that features future technology is very interesting for me. Some scenes reminded me of Matrix, only this time, it's the robots that are fighting. I liked the story, it made you curious, it made you guess what the hell was happening and the flow was great. Bonus: I had Floyd's while watching! Yum!

ONE BIG FIGHT! GO ATENEO!

Of course we HAD to watch the game. Adamson is one of the stronger teams this year. When we turned on the TV, Ateneo was down by 18!!! That was very discouraging. But as I've said, never, ever underestimate the heart of this team. They played well in the 3rd quarter, and they played great defense that they limited Adamnson to 5 points. The fourth quarter was again all about heart. (Even Membrere, who I always diss, made big shots!) You see, after trailing by as much as 20 points, Ateneo was then tied to Adamson. And with 4 seconds to go, Tenorio made a 3 point shot. Heart! Tenorio was interviewed after the game and he said that he was only thinking about Larry when he made the game-winning shot.

Larry is 'loved' by a lot of people. He's not a superstar like Rich Alvarez and Enrico Villanueva, but he's consistent and he delivers when he's needed the most. Plus, he's a quiet worker, who's actually respected even by his opponents. Of course, no one's perfect but in general, he's a 'clean' player.

When we went to Ateneo during lunch time, we saw streamers along the main road that said "This is for you, Larry." Then there was an image of Larry shooting the ball (his form is really great ehehe). That was so nice. Also, there was a number 14 patch on all of the jerseys of the players during the game. Nakakataba talaga ng puso.

At the end of the game, the gallery was shouting "Larry! Larry!" and you can really see the players hugging each other, so happy that they won the game for their captain. The camera focused on Larry's mom, who was there to support the team. She was crying. What a shot. What a game.

No comments: