Monday, June 07, 2004

Lotsa updates!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Thanks to some friends, we were able to watch Harry Potter on the first day. I went to Eastwood at around 1PM to buy tickets for the 8PM screening but only a few seats were left, tingi-tingi pa. But we learned that some friends had extra tickets to the 7:35PM screening so we were able to watch.

Jovan and I loved the movie. But being the 3rd movie in a series, I felt that somehow it lost its charm. Remember the ghosts walking around Hogwarts? The floating candles? The moving photos and paintings? The audience is so used to them already so they're not as amusing anymore. Also, I remember that the quidditch scene in the 1st movie was AMAZING!!! But the quidditch scene in the 3rd movie was short.

But still, the movie is good, especially if you consider the fact that it's the 3rd movie already. It's darker, but that's really how it is in the book.

Maita and Nix's Wedding

I attended Maita and Nix's wedding last saturday. It was a lovely, simple yet elegant wedding. It was perfect. I am in love with Maita's gown!!! It's so beautiful, even if it's simple! It's the 'look' that I really like! The gowns of the entourage members were also very pretty, having an oriental theme. The flowers along the aisle were lovely. And the choir, the Madrigal Singers, provided very beautiful music.

The reception at the Mandarin Oriental was simple, yet very elegant. The Company sang several songs, and they were SO good that Mads and I couldn't help but say "ang galing" after every song! I wish I had TONS of money so I could also get them for our wedding. Shucks. The giveaways were Murrano earrings, which was very interesting. The cake was from Alex Franco, and do I still have to tell you how yummy an Alex Franco cake is??? :)

The wedding ended really early, but I'm sure that this is what Nix and Maita wanted.

Badminton

Happy to say that we go to our badminton sessions regularly - every monday. Now we're going to attempt to make it twice a week - I hope we can do it.

Shopping

I have been spending a lot on myself lately, after a very long break from 'splurging'. I think that we all deserve this once in a while. :D I bought some blouses from Kamiseta and a bag from T which I have been eyeing for a month. I promise not to 'splurge' after my birthday since it's not like I have so much money to spend. :D

No comments: